Monday, October 19, 2015

New Video: Git Basics for Visual Studio Developers

Git can be a bit of a stumbling block for Visual Studio developers. That's because we're generally used to centralized source control systems like TFS. In addition, there seems to be an emphasis on using command line tools to interact with Git repositories. Because of these differences, we often put off learning Git because it seems like it will be a lot of effort.

But in reality, with just a few key commands and the tools built in to Visual Studio, we can get started with Git very quickly. And that's what I show in my latest video -- along with some GitHub hints as well.

I've been using Git for less than a year, and I'm completely sold. I love having the complete repository on my machine. That means I get full history, branching, and roll-back capabilities without being connected to a central server. I'm not an expert, but I'll help you get started.

Watch it on YouTube: Git Basics for Visual Studio Developers

Or here:


For more resources on getting started with Git, check no further than here: Getting Started with Git.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment