Saturday, October 31, 2015

November 2015 Speaking Engagements

Things are slow and busy for me in November. The few things I have, I'm really looking forward to.

Mon - Fri, November 16 - 20, 2015
Visual Studio Live!
Orlando, FL
Website
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

I'm really looking forward to speaking at Visual Studio Live! this year. This is a conference that I used to attend and got lots of great information from. I'm really honored that I've been selected to share some of my experiences.

Dependency Injection and Unit Testing are both favorite topics of mine. These are things that took me a while to really learn but have become invaluable in my programming. I love helping people take a shorter road to understanding than I did. It will be a lot of fun.

Other Stuff
The first week in November, I'm headed to Redmond, WA for the Microsoft MVP Summit. This is always a great time - lots of content (most of which is under NDA so I can't talk about it), lots of time with old friends, and lots of time to meet new friends. It should be a great week.

Here's my report of last year's summit: Microsoft MVP Summit -- A Great Opportunity.

Upcoming Events
I found out this week that I've been selected to speak at NDC London 2016 in January. This is an amazing opportunity for me, and I'm looking forward to the trip. (I've just been notified of the selection, but I'm not sure which of my proposals was chosen.)

Also in January, I'll be speaking at CodeMash in Sandusky, OH. I've heard lots of great things about CodeMash, and I'm excited about experiencing it for myself.

Past Events
I had a great time at Silicon Valley Code Camp in October. This is always a great event, and I had a lot of fun presenting. I brought my banjo with me, and played it before my presentations. You can see how I've been progressing here: You Aren't Instantly Awesome, But You Can Get Better with Practice.


One great thing is that I had the opportunity to talk about Design Patterns on the big stage.


The good news for you is that this presentation was recorded, and you can watch it on YouTube: Learn the Lingo: Design Patterns by Jeremy Clark at Silicon Valley Code Camp.

As a reminder, I'm available to come to your conference, user group or developer event. Just drop me a note, and we'll see what we can work out.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment