Monday, August 31, 2015

September 2015 Speaking Engagements

It's hard to believe that it's September already. I have a couple of speaking engagements scheduled in the Phoenix area this month. And there are a few more beyond that.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015
Northwest Valley .NET User Group
Glendale, AZ
Website
Topic: I'll Get Back to You: Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods

Consuming asynchronous methods can be confusing. But not for long. We'll look at how to use Task (along with continuations, statuses, and schedulers) and also async/await. I share some of the gotchas that really stumped me when I was first diving into this area. I did this talk back in July, and we had a lot of fun.

Thursday, September 24, 2015
Southeast Valley .NET User Group
Chandler, AZ
Meetup Event
Topic: Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

I've been pushing unit testing for a while now. That's because I've seen how unit tests allow me to code more confidently and more forward faster. Come see real-world examples and leave inspired to look further into this great tool.

A Look Back
August was kind of a crazy month. I spoke at the Quicken Loans Technology Conference in Detroit, MI. And then I went on to speak at That Conference in Wisconsin Dells, WI. In between, I did some sightseeing and had an amazing two weeks on the road. Check out pictures here: Two Full Weeks of Awesome.

Quicken Loans Technical Conference
That Conference
In addition, I did a review of That Conference from the perspective of a Social Developer. Lots of cool stuff there. Along those same lines, I recorded an episode of .NET Rocks! which will publish in just a few days.

Finally, I went to Mountain View, CA and spoke at SouthBay .NET. I had a great time (including a little banjo playing).

SouthBay .NET
That's 23 events so far this year. If I'm lucky, I'll hit 30 by the end of the year.

A Look Ahead
The first week in October, I'll be headed back to the Silicon Valley Code Camp (in San Jose, CA). This should be a lot of fun. There are always great speakers and tons of people to talk to.

And in November, I'm speaking at Visual Studio Live in Orlando, FL. I'm really looking forward to this one. I've been test-driving my talks, and things are shaping up really well.

As always, if you're interested in having me come to your developer event or visit your company, just drop me a note. I'll look forward to seeing you at an event soon!

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment