Saturday, August 1, 2015

August 2015 Speaking Engagements

The summer is going by quickly. We're already at the end of July. I've got a busy August (which is good). I'm looking forward to some great events.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Quicken Loans Technology Conference
Detroit, MI
Topic: Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!

I'm looking forward to speaking at Quicken Loans. I know some folks who work there, and they rave about the environment and the company philosophy. It will be great to see that in person.

As a reminder, I'm available for corporate events. So if you have a company tech event, I'd be glad to talk to you about coming out. In addition to presentations, I also do half-day and full-day workshops for those who want to dive a bit deeper.

Monday - Wednesday, August 10-12, 2015
That Conference
Wisconsin Dells, WI
Website
Topic: Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!

I'm very excited about being part of That Conference this year. I've heard great things about it in the past, and this will give me a chance to experience it for myself. There are a ton of great sessions lined up as well as a keynote from Uncle Bob. Plus, it takes place at a resort with a waterslide park. Water Slides > Powerpoint Slides.

Thursday, August 27, 2015
SouthBay.NET
Mountain View, CA
Meetup Event
Topic: Unit Testing Makes Me Faster

I'm headed back up to the bay area later in the month. I'm talking all about how unit testing has made me a faster developer. I've been thinking about this topic for a long time, and it's finally taken shape. Look forward to a lot of fun and hopefully enough hard facts to convince you to take another look at unit testing.

Keep checking my website (or follow me on Twitter @jeremybytes). I often have late additions to my calendar, so there may be something near you.

A Look Back
My schedule was pretty light in July, but I ended up with back-to-back speaking days. At Inland Empire .NET in Riverside, I managed to show that you don't have to be an expert in a technology to talk about it. I had a lot of fun showing people how to get started with Git, and there were a couple folks who were using it regularly, so they helped out with some of the more advanced questions. And that's why I called my talk "Getting Started with Git". I'm still relatively new, but I'm hooked on it now.

Inland Empire .NET (the orange shirt keeps people awake)

The next night, I was in downtown LA for C# Entertainment. Reynald Aldophe came up with an interesting concept: combining tech and stand-up comedy. The event was a lot of fun. Christian Zezza provided us with some amazing guitar playing. Then I talked for a bit about tasks and asynchronous programming. To round out the evening, Chris Fairbanks provided the comedy. (I know everyone was relieved to hear that I was not doing the comedy or the music.)

Keep track of C# Entertainment and check out an upcoming event.

A Look Ahead
It looks like I'm going to stay busy. I really love to speak, meet new people, and catch up with old friends. In September, I'll be in the Phoenix area to speak at 2 of the .NET groups there. And in November, I'll be speaking at Visual Studio Live! in Orlando. It's still really cool to see my name on the speaker list. I'm really looking forward to that.

Hopefully I'll see you at an upcoming event. If you don't find one nearby, contact me. Let's see if we can set something up in your area.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment