Saturday, April 2, 2016

April 2016 Speaking Engagements

I have four events scheduled for April. Be sure to stop by if you can.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016
San Diego .NET User Group
San Diego, CA
Meetup Event
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

Saturday, April 16, 2016
Utah Code Camp
Salt Lake City, UT
Event Site
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection
o Learn to Love Lambdas (and LINQ, Too!)

Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Agile SoCal
Irvine, CA
Group Site
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

Thursday, April 21, 2016
Central California .NET User Group
Fresno, CA
Meetup Event
o I'll Get Back to You: Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods

A Look Back
Early in March, I had a chance to speak at LA DOT NET. I had a great time talking about Task and Await. Time was a bit short, and I thank everyone who stuck it out with me to the end.

I also went up to Berkeley, CA to speak at EastBay.NET. I talked about Task and Await (which has been quite a popular topic for me lately), and I also had a chance to share some views toward learning. We're always new at something, and it's okay not to be perfect at it.

I just got back from a trip to Kentucky for Code PaLOUsa. I had a great time. I got to catch up with some of my friends, and I talked to tons of people while I was there. It was great to talk to folks from Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Nebraska, and Missouri.

I was given a chance to share "Becoming a Social Developer" before the keynote on Tuesday. Several people came up to talk to me about it, and I hope that it encouraged lots more conversations during the event.

On Tuesday afternoon, I got to share one of my favorite topics: C# Interfaces. A big thanks to the people who were willing to stand up during the presentation. I had a great time (as usual).

Jeremy at Code PaLOUsa 2016

A Look Ahead
I'm looking forward to several events coming up, including Visual Studio LIVE! Austin in TX (May), NDC Oslo in Norway (June), KCDC in Kansas City MO (June), and the Silicon Valley Code Camp in San Jose CA (October).

I also have a number of pending proposals out there for events in Tennessee, Missouri, Wisconsin, California, Florida, and Sweden. Keep an eye on my website where new events are posted as soon as they are confirmed: www.jeremybytes.com.

In addition to the larger events, I'm sure I'll have things pop up for user groups and local events. If you'd like me to come to your event, just drop me a note and we'll see what we can work out.

Hopefully I'll see you at an event soon. If so, be sure to stop by and say "Hi".

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment