Friday, September 2, 2016

September 2016 Speaking Engagements

I've got several speaking events scheduled in September (and a whole bunch in October). I'm back on the road next week.

As always, if you'd like me to come to speak for your company or at your event, just drop me a note. I've got quite a few Presentations and Workshops available.

Wed-Fri, Sep 7-9, 2016
AIM/hdc
La Vista, NE
Conference Site
o User Driven Development (general session)
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection

I'm looking forward to heading to Nebraska next week. It's my first time in the Omaha area. And I've also been given the opportunity to give the closing session on Thursday night. I've got the slides together (after some more crappy drawing), and the talk should be a lot of fun.

Thursday, September 22, 2016
Corporate Event
Irvine, CA
o Test-Driven Development in the Real World

Thursday, September 29, 2016
SouthBay.NET
Mountain View, CA
Meetup Link
o I'll Get Back to You: Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods

I've been out to SouthBay.NET several times, and it's always a fun group. It's also great to see my friend Theo Jungeblut (@theojungeblut) who heads things up.

Friday, September 30, 2016
Code Stars Summit
San Jose, CA
Workshop Details
o Getting Better with C#: Interfaces & Dependency Injection

This is a full-day workshop on two of my favorite topics. But at a larger scale, it's really about how we use abstraction to make our code easier to extend, maintain, and test. There's still some spots open for those who want to join me.

Sat-Sun, Oct 1-2, 2016
Silicon Valley Code Camp
San Jose, CA
Event Site
o IEnumerable, ISaveable, IDontGetIt: Understanding .NET Interfaces
o I'll Get Back to You: Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods

I know this event is not in September, but it's happening while I'm up in the Bay Area, so it fits in well right here. The Silicon Valley Code Camp is one of the largest community events on the west coast. It was fun getting the chance to be on video last year. I'm looking forward to heading back again this year.

A Look Ahead
October is looking to be a lot of fun with a lot of travelling. The first weekend, I'll be at Silicon Valley Code Camp in San Jose, CA (as already mentioned). The following week, I'm headed to the Desert Code Camp in Chandler, AZ. A bit later in the month, I'm going to St. Louis, MO for DevUp and then to Des Moines, IA for Prairie.Code().

So, lots to do, lots of traveling, and lots of days away from home. But places I really want to be.

A Look Back
August was a bit of a light month: only one event -- but it was an amazing event: Music City Code. I've already written a bit about how I got to talk to a ton of great people. And I also had a lot of fun giving my talks.

In addition to my regular sessions, David Neal (@reverentgeek) was nice enough to share his evening keynote with me. This gave me a chance to share "Becoming a Social Developer" (one of my favorite topics) with a new group of people.

The response was great. Here are a few of the tweets that went around:


I had a great conversation with Spencer (@schneidenbach) the morning before the workshops. And I ended up spending a quite a bit of time with him the rest of the week. It was great to get to know him better.



Thanks to everyone for the great pictures.

A really great thing about Music City Code is that there was a photographer taking really great shots during the whole event. Check out the gallery for yourself: Facebook Gallery.

He made me look very inspirational during David's keynote:

So Inspirational...

And he also got some good shots of me in my presentations. I guess there are 3 important things about Unit Testing:


And I'm not quite sure what I was doing in my Dependency Injection talk. I guess I was singing Thriller:

'Cause this is Thriiiiiiller

Needless to say, I had an really awesome time at Music City Code. It's one of the events that will stick out this year.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment