Monday, December 28, 2015

January 2016 Speaking Engagements

It's hard to believe that 2016 is here already. I have several speaking engagements coming up in the new year. Be sure to check my website to see if I'll be at an upcoming event near you.

Tue - Fri, January 5 - 8, 2016
CodeMash
Sandusky, OH
Website
o Abstract Art: Getting Abstraction "Just Right" (session link)

I've heard great things about CodeMash, and I'm really excited to be attending & speaking. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people and also seeing some friends that I've made in the area.

Wed - Fri, January 13 - 15, 2016
NDC London
London, UK
Website
o I'll Get Back to You: Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods in C# (session link)

I'm extremely excited about NDC. I've heard great things about the conference, and I feel very fortunate to be selected to speak. In addition, London!

Thursday, January 28, 2016
IE.Net
Riverside, CA
Meetup Event
o IEnumerable, ISaveable, IDontGetIt: Understanding .NET Interfaces

I'm speaking in So Cal at the end of the month. The topic is currently up-for-grabs. If you have a preference, visit the Meetup event and put in your vote. We've got a topic now; one of my favorite things to talk about: Interfaces.

Past Events
I didn't have any speaking engagements in December, but in November, I spoke at LIVE! 360 in Orlando, FL. I had a really great time and had a lot of fun. I was given a chance to share "Becoming a Social Developer" before one of the keynotes:


This was a great opportunity, and I had people coming up to talk to me about it throughout the week. You can watch the 8 minute video here: Becoming a Social Developer at Live! 360.

And you can read a bit more (including a great testimonial) in the December newsletter. You can sign up for the newsletter at the website: Becoming a Social Developer.

I also had a great time giving my presentations. The topics were very well received, and I'm happy with the feedback that came back. Here are a few of the tweets:



Thanks to everyone who came. And a big thanks to everyone who took some time to talk to me. I met a ton of great people throughout the week.

Upcoming Events
I have several more local So Cal events coming up in February, including Pasadena, Buena Park, and Newport Beach. In addition, I'll be heading out to Las Vegas again to speak at DotNet Group.org.

If you'd like me to come to your user group or developer event, be sure to drop me a note. And feel free to visit my website to see if I'll be at an event near you.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment