Sunday, July 14, 2013

Screencast for Clean Code: The Refactoring Bits

New video available: Clean Code: The Refactoring Bits

New Screencast
One of my latest presentation topics is Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!  One problem is that I usually run out of time during the refactoring portion of the presentation (there's always too much good stuff to talk about).  We always get through the important bits: intentional naming and hierarchical methods, but it's nice to be able to see multiple examples to reinforce the concepts.

To remedy this, I put together a screencast of just the refactoring portion: Clean Code: The Refactoring Bits.  As with all of my presentations, there is a PDF walkthrough of the session available on my website at the link above.

Live Presentations
The Clean Code session has received a good response from folks who've attended.  If you want to see it live, be sure to stop by one of these upcoming events:

Saturday/Sunday, July 27-28, 2013
So Cal Code Camp
San Diego, CA
http://www.socalcodecamp.com/

Thursday, August 22, 2013
Southeast Valley .NET User Group
Chandler, AZ
http://www.sevdnug.org/Home.aspx

Saturday/Sunday, October 5-6, 2013
Silicon Valley Code Camp
Los Altos Hills, CA
http://www.siliconvalley-codecamp.com/

These are the events I currently have on my schedule; I'm sure there will be others as well.  If you'd like me to come to your user group, Code Camp, or other event, feel free to send in a request through INETA or contact me through my website.

I hope to see you at an upcoming event.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment