Saturday, January 30, 2016

February 2016 Speaking Engagements

I'll be speaking at a number of user groups in February. Be sure to stop by if you get a chance.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016
LA C#
Pasadena, CA
Meetup Link
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

Wednesday, February 3, 2016
So Cal Dot NET
Buena Park, CA
Meetup Link
o I'll Get Back to You: Understanding Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods

Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Ontario C#
Ontario, CA
Meetup Link
o I'll Get Back to You: Understanding Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods

Wednesday, February 10, 2016
vNext OC
Newport Beach, CA
Meetup Link
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection

Thursday, February 25, 2016
DotNet Group.org
Las Vegas, NV
Meetup Site
o Learn the Lingo: Design Patterns

Past Events
I stayed pretty busy in January -- mostly because I was traveling (on the road for 15 days).

First, I headed to CodeMash in Sandusky, OH. This was my first opportunity to go to CodeMash, and I stayed pretty busy throughout the week. There were tons of people to talk to and lots of great sessions. I had a good time presenting on how to get the right level of abstraction in our applications:

At CodeMash talking about "Abstract Art"
I also built a really sad robot in the NodeBots workshop:

As if going to one conference isn't exhausting enough, I hopped on a plane and flew from Ohio to London for NDC London. It was my first time in London, so I took a few days to go around the city. I got to see things that were pretty amazing, including the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, Tower Bridge, the British Museum (including seeing the Rosetta Stone!), standing on the Prime Meridian at Greenwich, and walking across the London Bridge. This means that I've walked across *both* London Bridges -- the one in Lake Havasu City and the one in London.

NDC London was a really awesome conference. I had a lot more people attend my presentation on Task and Await than I was expecting.

A full room at NDC London
I had a really great time (as usual). Thanks to folks on Twitter for the pictures (@ChrisAnnODell@jakegreenwood@jplebre):

At NDC London talking about Task and Await
I was also very happy to see the response:
The total counts for my session were 157 Green, 7 Yellow, and 0 Red.

This past week, I went to Riverside, CA to speak at IE.NET. I had a great time talking about one of my favorite topics: Interfaces.

At Inland Empire .NET in Riverside, CA


Upcoming Events
My calendar for the rest of the year is starting to fill in. At the end of March, I'll be at Code PaLOUsa in Louisville, KY. In May, I'll be at Visual Studio LIVE! Austin in Austin, TX. And I've been invited to speak at NDC Oslo in June in Oslo, Norway. (My picture is currently on the front page!)

In addition, I'll be speaking at user groups in Southern and Central California. If you'd like me to speak at your Meetup or developer event, be sure to drop me a note. I've got tons of topics that I'm passionate about, and I'm adding to the list all the time.

I hope to see you at an upcoming event.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment