Thursday, February 26, 2015

March 2015 Speaking Engagements

February has been a busy month for me, and it looks like the first few weeks in March will be just as busy.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015
San Diego .NET User Group
San Diego, CA
Meetup Link
Topic: Abstract Art: Getting Things "Just Right"

I always have a lot of fun at the San Diego .NET User Group. I'm looking forward to seeing some folks I haven't seen for a while. We'll look at abstraction and how to figure out if we're getting the right level for our applications.

Saturday & Sunday, March 7 & 8, 2015
So Cal Code Camp
Fullerton, CA
Website
Lots of Topics:
o Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection
o Get Func-y: Delegates in .NET
o IEnumerable, ISaveable, IDontGetIt: Understanding .NET Interfaces
o Learn the Lingo: Design Patterns
o Learn to Love Lambdas (and LINQ, Too!)

This is my local-est code camp (only a few miles from where I live). The Orange County edition of the code camp hasn't happened for a few years, so I'm really looking forward to having this back. 2 full-days worth of great information and networking opportunities -- all for FREE!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 -- LATE ADDITION
Ontario C#, .NET, Web & Mobile Developers Group
Ontario, CA
www.NerdsLikeYou.org
Meetup Link
Topic: DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection

This is a BRAND NEW user group in So Cal. I feel honored to speak at the inaugural meeting. I love to see the developer community grow and thrive, and this is a great opportunity for folks in San Bernardino County to interact with other devs nearby.

Thursday, March 12, 2015
EastBay.NET
Berkeley, CA
Meetup Link
Topic: Abstract Art: Getting Things "Just Right"

I'm heading back up to the San Francisco Bay Area for EastBay.NET. I'm looking forward to seeing some of my bay area friends that I haven't seen for a while and also meeting new people. This gives me another chance to talk about abstraction and help you figure out if you are an over-abstractor or an under-abstractor by nature.

Thursday - Saturday, March 19 - 21, 2015
Nebraska.Code()
Lincoln, NE
Website
Topic: Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!

Nebraska.Code() is a brand new regional event that grew from a local code camp. I'm really looking forward to this event. Lots of great speakers, and I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people since this is my first chance to speak in this part of the country.

If any of these events are nearby for you, be sure to check them out. And also be sure to stop by and say "Hi". Meeting new people is one of the big reasons to attend these events.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment