Tuesday, October 28, 2014

November 2014 Speaking Engagements

It's hard to believe that it's getting close to November already (I'm not sure what happened to October). I had a lot of fun at several developer events this past month, and I'm looking forward to more coming up.

Saturday & Sunday, November 15 & 16, 2014
So Cal Code Camp
Los Angeles, CA
Session List
o Abstract Art: Getting Things "Just Right"
o Dependency Injection: A Practical Introduction
o Clean Code, Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!
o Learn the Lingo: Design Patterns
o Learn to Love Lambdas

I missed the LA Code Camp last year (I was already signed up to speak at another event), so I'm looking forward to it. USC is a beautiful campus, and it's great to simply sit out on the lawn at lunch time and talk with other developers. If you're in the LA/OC area, be sure to grab your developer friends and co-workers for a great weekend.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Northwest Valley .NET User Group
Glendale, AZ
Group Web Site
o Dependency Injection: A Practical Introduction

I'm looking forward to heading out to NWVDNUG. I haven't been there in person, but apparently I've spoken there before (they watched one of my Pluralsight courses a while back). Dependency Injection is one of my favorite topics because it's not as hard as people think it is. The simplicity of showing loose coupling and the benefits from it is awesome to see. And the user group version of the talk is a bit longer and lets us spend a bit of time in conversation.

Thursday, November 20, 2014
Southeast Valley .NET User Group
Chandler, AZ
Meetup Event
o Get Func<>-y: Delegates in .NET

I'm also looking forward to heading back to SEVDNUG (the last 2 years I was out there in July and August, so I'm looking forward to cooler weather than I've seen before). Delegates are awesome. And as I learn more about functional programming, the more I see that delegates play a key role in bringing functional concepts into C#.

I was out at the Desert Code Camp in Chandler a few weeks back, so I'm looking forward to spending some more time with folks from the Phoenix area. So, if you're in the northwest valley or the southeast valley, come on out. It's bound to be fun and informative.

As a reminder, if you'd like me to come speak at your user group or developer event, you can drop me a note or send a request through INETA: Jeremy's INETA Profile.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment